Saturday, April 3, 2010

Keep It Royal

So today on the bus...

visual: Rocking my organic fibers care of lululemon athletica today, charcoal heathered grey pants with a purple long sleeve that somehow went well with my deep purple backpack and purple yoga mat. I know, its a lot of purple - but you'll see. My new and insane grey sweatpant material Nike Dunks high tops with yellow shoes laces step up to the 720.

I jump on the over-crowded bus today, thank my bus driver and stand right up front. I cannot even maneuver to a spacious double door spot, it was that 5pm end-of-day hour.

While staring down Wilshire Boulevard and willing people to get off at the next stop, a mid to older aged woman looks up from her book at me and says, "I love the purple you are wearing". I smile and thank her, noticing she is literally rocking ALL purple. Purple shirt, metallic purple windbreaker to purple socks! I, of course, comment that she looks great in her purple, as well.

We dive in deep. Talking about...purple.

Me: "You know, I hear when you wear a purple or lavender color, you should feel relaxed and so should all those around you. Do you?"

Purple Lady: "I do feel quite calm. I really do. But you know hon, purple is really the color of royalty".

Me (smiling): "You know, I was feeling royal today and almost do every day. So glad you reminded me".

Purple Lady: "Well, you keep feelin' that girl. Me too, me too".

We both laugh a little bit and she looks down to continue to read her book.

I smile while standing beside her. We must have looked like quite a vision all clad in every shade of purple - from deep to metallic. And after our conversation, I do feel that she sat a little higher on her bus seat...err, throne.

As we approach my stop, I lean down and say bye to my purple loving friend.

Purple Lady: "Oh bye dear. Keep it real".

Me: "How about we keep it royal?"

And with that we both laugh, high five and I jump off that bus strutting my royal stuff!

7 comments:

  1. I bet you'd look great in Lakers purple and gold! You should rock out a tight fitting purple Lamar Odom jersey with your sweats. You could bring something LA to Chicago. Good luck out there by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laker Girl On a Bus! I like the idea. You're gonna missed on the LA transit! Cheers Jacquelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully this is a lead for yet another interesting post!

    http://www.fastcompany.com/1609855/los-angeles-potential-transit-future-revealed

    Follow:
    Twitter@FEMSMagazine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the royal concept of the party bus. I like the royal parties in the party buses.
    Thanks for blog.
    Nashville Party Bus rental

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a real "smile out loud" story.

    ReplyDelete